Thursday 5 February 2009

Pictures in IR

These first 3 images are on the IR Board link, on here. They are part of a monthly competition and I think they are fabulous. They were taken I believe, on Digital cameras with an IR filter that filters out non-IR light. 

I think this shot is wonderful, the IR light makes the tree look so surreal and eerie, I think picking the right sort of tree, must have helped. 

This one was taken at 1pm, and it shows that images can be taken in strong sunlight, with the right filter. 
This image was found on Google search, and is credited to a flickr account. It is of tulips and i think it is excellent, both in composition, and depth of field use. 
 
This image is the first I can find in IR,  credited to Robert Williams Wood, who is said to be the 'inventor' of IR photography. it shows the black sky and white foliages that IR photography is known for. 









No comments:

Post a Comment